I can’t even type fast enough to keep up with everything I want to say about this.
I’m pasting an email I got this morning below.
She sent me a message a few days ago saying that she was interested in doing some of this [email marketing] stuff… but that she didn’t know what she would talk about.
I asked “what do you like to talk about? how can you help people?
I was hoping she would give me more than just some cookie cutter yoga bullshit.
This is her response:
I had no clue how to answer your question tbh. I really want to pull out the rubies and pearls of my interests…
But my truth is my life as it stands is akin to that night you took a load of coke, fucked your friend’s boyfriend, ended up on some persons bathroom floor realising that shit has got to change and you have one hand on the toilet seat about to stand the fuck up. You know? Call it what u will. Post natal fuckeries, traumatic childhood, yoga identity crisis. Lisa has been burning shit down for a while. I’m ready to build something.
But I’ve also never felt more clear, determined and driven as hell in my life.
I literally do not give a flying fuck. I care about my son, and that is it, ever seen a Brown Bear protect her cubs? That’s my drive and motivation.
Anyhow, that I could not list off happy, cool shit made me sad and frustrated. I even contemplated deleting my IG and running away.
Because my raw material, I don’t know if you could say “excited” rather the things that are overflowing in me are heavy. And who really wants to hear Debbie Downer cry into her gin? No they wantssss filtered-as-fuck ab trophies sipping on a Negroni in Santorini. ♀️
This is what I’m into:
I’ll just list them without apology.
1. Womanhood, motherhood, sharing stories of the feminine in a nongranola crunchy way.
2. Rebuilding a life after challenge and hardship, setbacks & knockbacks
3. Sustainable, sensual & nourishing fitness. Energy work, Nei Gong, functional fitness, dance
4. Using nature and solitude to heal. Introverts at the ready.
5. Overcoming stigma in mental health particularly as it relates to depression, sexual abuse and molestation.
6. Sexuality and empowerment cultivating your sexual self.
7. Love, Relationships and Intimacy
8. Race and representing diversity in yoga.
9. Being a single parent with no support network- how to thrive.
10. Community and creating connection to overcome loneliness and isolation.
Help people? I feel people want Gods and Goddesses of enterprise to spin them fairytales of how to….
That’s not me. I’m done preachin and teachin. My days of being a yoga prostitute are so ova!
Me? I’m that dog who goes in the bomb site to make sure a human does not get blown up. I have my life stories. My experiences. The wisdom I’ve learned the hard way from doing things my way, the wrong ways,
All the ways.
I want to be the person that Marylin could have called to stop her killing herself. Martyr complex you may think.
But no not a saviour.
Just a sharer of stories. Because through that process of seeing your truth in another we can start to feel okay.
I CAN help people. BY
1. Watching and learning about my journey to rebuild my fitness as the person outlined above. I’m tired of seeing 40 year old women portrayed in yoga as some Duracell 11-year-old gymnast. A practice that is equally supportive INSIDE as out. Energy work through attention, concentration, is the missing element. For me. NOT for Kino or Radha. Yoga & Fitness is prescriptive – not exhaustive.
2. Stories of inspiration and wisdom. Sharing tools I have used, am discovering to navigate life.
3. How to understand and LOVE people who are struggling with mental health, trauma, shame, childhood injuries.
4. How I use nature to heal.
5. 2018 – Restoring fun and joy to my life. I’m going to enjoy Lisa; you can enjoy Lisa too.
Thing is I’m not expert right, I don’t have the degrees, teacher trainings, study with fancy people who have obsessions with being monkeys. I’ve just got this. Me, my son, my books, my stories, time to practice and train.
So Ryan I don’t know if you watch Peaky Blinders – you really should. – this is my free Christmas tip.
Thanks for listening,
❤️❤️❤️❤️ Well that was fucking amazing.
WHY AREN’T YOU ALREADY DOING THIS, LISA?
Sign up for god damn Mailchimp. It’s free to start.
When I first started writing this email, I was planning to give you a little more “how-to” stuff in this email, but it’s already too awesome for one day.
I’ll get back tomorrow with ideas for some ways to approach it… and we’ll definitely be talking a lot about qualifications and how they don’t fucking matter at all.
But what do you think…? You gonna try some email marketing in 2018? Do you know that you’re actually interesting as fuck? And all you have to do is stop thinking you need to copy those other fucking clowns…
Would you sign up for Lisa’s email list?
I sure as fuck would. When she has a form somewhere, i’ll send a link out… if she wants. (You see this, Lisa?)
PS – If you’re interested in learning more about “what to say/do” from one of my most premium resources
Yoga Marketing That Doesn’t Suck… It’s a 2-hour video training on high-level, advanced cult-of-personality stuff. It’s about building a loyal following that shows up to your classes, buys your digital products, signs up for your workshops, and happily pays for the privilege to travel the world to hang out with you.
I was planning to sell it for $200, but there were some technical glitches with the recording that I didn’t like… so I let it sit. They don’t affect the actual content… just my own perfectionist tendencies. ♂️
But it’s my favorite stuff in the world to teach… and a whole lot of people have been asking me about it. It’s basically a how-to guide for being more popular and influential.
I don’t even have a webpage up for it…
But if you want it, and you’d be willing to let me know what you thought afterwards… you can get it for $50.
But not for long… as soon as I get a few fresh testimonials, I’m jacking that shit up to what it should be.
I’ll send you the video and the slides immediately. They’re ready to go.
PPS – I don’t explicitly say it all of the time… but everything is make is GUARANTEED TO DELIGHT. If it doesn’t overdeliver, I don’t want your money.